[comp.protocols.misc] TCP/IP <-> SNA gateway products

dave@vdelta.UUCP (Dave Arnold) (01/20/88)

Greetings,

Our company is looking into TCP/IP <-> SNA gateway products.
The only company I have come up with so far is Fiberonics.
Does anybody have any experience with this company?  How about
your experiences with other vendors, pricing, etc.

Thanks alot.

Dave Arnold
dave@arnold.UUCP
dave@vdelta.uunet.UU.NET

robert@richp1.UUCP (Robert Miller) (01/22/88)

In article <24@vdelta.UUCP> dave@vdelta.UUCP (Dave Arnold) writes:
>Our company is looking into TCP/IP <-> SNA gateway products.
>The only company I have come up with so far is Fiberonics.
>Does anybody have any experience with this company?  How about
>your experiences with other vendors, pricing, etc.

We use Bridge Communications, Inc. products.  They have two SNA
gateway products. One is a 3270 card with BNC connections for
use with 'cheap ethernet', the other is a CS/1-SNA product that
connects to ethernet.  The latter is what we use and therefore
have the most experience with.  The CS/1-SNA was recently upgraded
with 68020 processor chips, works with XNS or TCP/IP, and can
support up to 48 virtual sessions.  For more information, call
their home office in California.
 2081 Stierlin Road, Mountain View, CA. 94043
 (415) 969-4400

 Other sources that have SNA products are:
 MITEK Systems
 One Northfield Plaza
 Suite 300
 Northfield, IL 60093
 (312)441-1831

 You never stated if you are using fiber or ethernet LAN. The above
 have ethernet compatibility but, you will have to inquire about
 fiber.
 Hope this helps!

 Bob Miller

ron@TOPAZ.RUTGERS.EDU (Ron Natalie) (02/13/88)

Do they (Bridge CS-1/SNA) allow you to define new terminals and keyboard
maps yet?  This is the main reason why we panned them.

-Ron