[comp.protocols.misc] Flow Control over X25

haas@utah-gr.UUCP (Walt Haas) (06/11/88)

In article <554@ecrcvax.UUCP>, ralf@ecrcvax.UUCP (Ralf Graf) writes:

> I am currently installing a PAD driver for an Interactive
> Systems X25 Card on a Vax 785 running BSD 4.3. Remote logins
> work fine as long as I don't hit ^Q/^S. ...
> Can somebody out there tell me how Pads control the data flow.

Your PAD should actually conform to CCITT X.3 and X.28.  Flow control of
terminal characters is governed by X.3 parameters which should be
settable by either the user or the host.  Relevant parameters are:

Parameter 5 - Ancillary device control (flow control of the
					terminal by the PAD):
 0 => no use of X-ON and X-OFF
 1 => use of X-ON and X-OFF

Parameter 12 - Flow control of the PAD by the terminal:
 0 => no use of X-ON and X-OFF
 1 => use of X-ON and X-OFF

You should be able to control them from the keyboard with commands
such as:

	SET 12:0

etc.

Cheers  -- Walt Haas    haas@cs.utah.edu   utah-cs!haas