[comp.protocols.misc] Where can I get info./source for X.PC ?

nett@gonzo.UUCP (07/01/88)

Is this a public domain protocol?  I would like to get more information.
It was apparently developed by Tymnet and supported somewhat by Hayes
modems.  Does someone have the address of where to write to?

heath@ncrcae.UUCP (07/01/88)

To get source to the X.PC distribution, write to:

	X.PC Distribution
	2560 N. 1st St.
	P.O. Box 49019
	San Jose, CA  95161-9019

When I got my copy in Sept. '87, it was $25 for the source diskette,
and $25 for the object diskette.

heath@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Robert Heath) (07/04/88)

In article <3524@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM> heath@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Robert Heath) writes:
>To get source to the X.PC distribution, write to:
>
>	X.PC Distribution
>	2560 N. 1st St.
>	P.O. Box 49019
>	San Jose, CA  95161-9019
>
>When I got my copy in Sept. '87, it was $25 for the source diskette,
>and $25 for the object diskette.

Following up on X.PC distribution, Tymnet has two options for shipment:
for the $25 mentioned above, they ship your distribution at the end
of the next 6 weeks period.  For a surcharge, they FEDEX it out immediately.

The source code is in `C', but as the name implies, it is highly
oriented to the PC environment.  The functionality within the source consists
of the X.PC link driver, X.PC network level, and a terminal PAD for both Tymnet
and MCI mail.  Host PAD logic is not provided -- that's what the Tymnet
network is there for.

As for X.PC on UNIX, Steve Kim, Tymnet's X.PC manager,
revealed to me that Tymnet does not see UNIX as a strategic O.S. platform
for X.PC.

	Robert Heath
	heath@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM