[comp.protocols.misc] DNS for Unix Information

djl@mips.COM (Dan Levin) (07/19/89)

If you are using or thinking about using RFC 1034-35 style DNS for
distributing information such as passwd, group, etc. in a UNIX
environment, I would like to talk to you.

--
			***dan

{decwrl,pyramid,ames}!mips!djl         djl@mips.com (No, Really! Trust Me.)
+1 408 991 0343

dyer@spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) (07/20/89)

In article <23572@winchester.mips.COM> djl@mips.COM (Dan Levin) writes:
>If you are using or thinking about using RFC 1034-35 style DNS for
>distributing information such as passwd, group, etc. in a UNIX
>environment, I would like to talk to you.

Do you have the Dallas USENIX paper I gave describing _Hesiod_
at Project Athena?

I'd be happy to share our (very successful) experience using the DNS
for the purposes (and more) which you mention, and with BIND in particular.

--
Steve Dyer
dyer@ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer