[comp.protocols.misc] Zmodem source

cliff@cs.arizona.edu (Cliff Hathaway) (08/10/90)

I'm looking for a public domain copy of Zmodem to run on an IBM PC-XT.

Thanks,

Cliff Hathaway

cliff@cs.arizona.edu

wiml@milton.u.washington.edu (William Lewis) (08/16/90)

In article <106@javelina.cs.arizona.edu> cliff@cs.arizona.edu (Cliff Hathaway) writes:
>I'm looking for a public domain copy of Zmodem to run on an IBM PC-XT.
>Can anybody point me in the right direction?

   Are you looking for an *executeable* or a *source*? In any case, try
anonymous FTP to milton.u.washington.edu (128.95.136.1) and look for the
files
   public/download/msdos/modem/pcz30390.zip (I think) which is
                    a non-Forsberg Zmodem executeable
   public/zmodem-doc/zmodem.{h|txt}  which is enough information to
                    write a Zmodem driver of your own
   and, I *think* the Unix sources to rz and sz are public domain. They
should be available by ftp from somewhere.

--
wiml@blake.acs.washington.edu       Seattle, Washington  | No sig under
(William Lewis)  |  47 41' 15" N   122 42' 58" W  |||||||| construction