[comp.protocols.misc] X-Term Protocol

epa@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Eric P. Armstrong) (10/05/90)

	I'm looking for simply enough a document on the protocol between
a host computer and an X-Term.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

----
Eric Paul Armstrong                     Kansas State University
   Bitnet:  ericpaul@ksuvm.bitnet
  Internet: epa@phobos.cis.ksu.edu

dwig@b11.ingr.com (David Wiggins) (10/09/90)

In article <epa.655141583@phobos>, epa@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Eric P. Armstrong) writes:

> 	I'm looking for simply enough a document on the protocol between
> a host computer and an X-Term.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

If by "X-Term" you mean an X terminal, check out mit/doc/Protocol/* on the MIT
X11R4 tape.  The Frequently Asked Questions posting in comp.windows.x lists
many sources for X11R4 if you can't find it locally.

> Eric Paul Armstrong                     Kansas State University
>    Bitnet:  ericpaul@ksuvm.bitnet
>   Internet: epa@phobos.cis.ksu.edu

David P. Wiggins	dwig@ingr.com  or  uunet!ingr!dwig	(205)730-6365
Intergraph Corporation, One Madison Industrial Park, Huntsville, AL 35807