[comp.protocols.misc] More Zmodem

niobium@nevada.edu (Christopher W. Carlson) (10/21/90)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here goes...

I'm looking for a UNIX program that will let me transfer files from a
mainframe to my PC using the Zmodem protocol.  I've heard hushed voices
mention the word 'sz' (or was it 'zs') and 'rz' (or 'zr' as applicable)
but can find no further information on the subject.

If anybody can direct me to an anonymous ftp site carrying sources, I'd
be most grateful.

Thanks much...

--* Christopher W. Carlson
    niobium@arrakis.nevada.edu

--
 __   _          _  _____  _    ___       __  |  Christopher W. Carlson |   //
/ __ / \  |     / \   |   / \  |__  /  \ (__  |    niobium@nevada.edu   | \X/

t904191@mp.cs.niu.edu (Chuck LeRose) (10/24/90)

Try an anon ftp to wsmr-simtel20.army.mil for the latest.  Sorry,
I don't know the directory or filename there.  I do however know
that you can get a version (possibly the latest) from ames.arc.nasa.gov
in two compressed shell archives called zmdm1.z and zmdm2.z.  These
are in the pub directory I believe.  Get them, uncompress them,
(preferably in their own directory) and then 'sh zmdm1' and zmdm2.
What you'll end up with is a bunch of source and some man entries.
Hope this is helpful.

Chuck LeRose   -   Northern Illinois University  -  <t904191@mp.cs.niu.edu>
--

indra@brahms.amd.com (Indra Singhal) (10/24/90)

t904191@mp.cs.niu.edu (Chuck LeRose) writes:

>Try an anon ftp to wsmr-simtel20.army.mil for the latest.  Sorry,
>I don't know the directory or filename there.  I do however know
>that you can get a version (possibly the latest) from ames.arc.nasa.gov
>in two compressed shell archives called zmdm1.z and zmdm2.z.  These
>are in the pub directory I believe.  Get them, uncompress them,
>(preferably in their own directory) and then 'sh zmdm1' and zmdm2.
>What you'll end up with is a bunch of source and some man entries.
>Hope this is helpful.

If anyone out there knows the exact path and file names of the ZModem
Sources & Man pages, I'd really like to know (so will others, I bet) I'd
hate to bog down the ftp server with random searches (I do not have
direct ftp access to the Internet, :-( )

Thanks a lot.
--
iNDRA | indra@amd.com or {ames apple uunet}!amd!indra