[comp.protocols.misc] ANSI X3.64 tty control codes

anon@rouge.usl.edu (Anonymous NNTP Posting) (11/16/90)

In article <18569@rouge.usl.edu> djc4265@usl.edu () writes:

>could some kind sould please direct me to a reference manual
>of some kind which contains descriptions of the 1979 ANSI X3.64
>terminal control sequences.
>
>I looked in the library catalog but didn't see anything that specific.
>
>(I'm also interested in ANSI X3.134, X3.32, X3.4, X3.41 ISO2022, ISO2375
>and the DEC VT100)
>
>-Darrin
 didn't get any local response (except from James) so one more try...
please email or post if you really want to!

-Darrin

--- Darrin Chambers   ------     djc@usl.edu     -----------------------------
 --  Action = Life!    \  /   or djc4265@usl.edu ----------------------------
  -----                 \/                   ------------------------------
   -------------------------------- *vi* is *evil* ----------------------

shuford@cs.utk.edu (Richard Shuford) (11/21/90)

>In article <18569@rouge.usl.edu> djc4265@usl.edu (Darrin Chambers) writes:
>>
>> could some kind sould please direct me to a reference manual
>> of some kind which contains descriptions of the 1979 ANSI X3.64
>> terminal-control sequences.

Available for anonymous FTP: a file containing a complete table of
device control codes defined in the accredited standard

   "ANSI X3.64-1979: Additional Controls for Use with the American
    National Standard Code for Information Interchange"

This is NOT the complete text of the standard, and the representation
of the control sequences differs (for the better, I think), but it may
be a good quick reference.  This file now resides on the host

     CS.UTK.EDU     (IP address 128.169.201.1),
as
     pub/ansi/ansi_x3_64.txt

Usual anonymous FTP plus real username as password.

Warning: the file may disappear during the next disk-space crunch.

.....Richard S. Shuford
.....Internet: shuford@cs.utk.edu   BITNET: RSHUFORD@UTKVX   BIX: richard