[comp.protocols.misc] X-Modem on a Prime?

dgick@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (damian gick) (11/28/90)

Does anyone know where (anonymous ftp?) I can get a program for a Prime
that will allow me to transfer programs from the Prime to another machine
using X-Modem?

(If this is the wrong place for this question, I appologise)

Damian J. Gick   |  Please send any mail to:      | "...And keep on
IU @ South Bend  |                                |  thinking free!"
CSCI Undergrad   |  dgick@sbway.iusb.indiana.edu  |     --The Moody Blues

blarson@blars (12/02/90)

In article <74850@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> dgick@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (damian gick) writes:
>Does anyone know where (anonymous ftp?) I can get a program for a Prime
>that will allow me to transfer programs from the Prime to another machine
>using X-Modem?

Xmodem requires an 8-bit transparent data path, which until primos 22.0
was no documented/supported way to do on a normal terminal line.  (The
nasty pre-21 hack should definatly be avoided if you care about your
system.)

Kermit works just fine, and is redily available for ftp from
watsun.cc.colubia.edu .  If the other end supports windows as well,
it's probably faster as well.

--
blarson@usc.edu
		C news and rn for os9/68k!