[comp.protocols.misc] List of streams-based Protocol suites / Communication Packages

krus@rimfaxe.diku.dk (Lars Povlsen) (12/12/90)

I am trying to get an overview of what STREAMS packages are available,
both commercially and PD/Educational.

If you could contribute to this list, it would be greatly appreciated.
Please reply to me, and I'll summarize to the net and directly to all
contributors, if wanted.

Most streams packages I have heard of is TCP/IP packs. A start for the
list could be thus be:

[Feel free to give additional information, or suggest other facts to
list for a package]

[[I know Retix have some OSI products, does anyone know?]]

Name		: Lachman TCP/IP
Manufacturer	: Lachman associates
OEMs		: ?
Product		: Full TCP/IP implementation
OS'es supported	: SCO, ATT V.4, Other?
Architectures	: i80386, i80486
Comments	:

Name		: Wollongong TCP/IP
Manufacturer	: The Wollongong Group
OEMs		: ?
Product		: Full TCP/IP implementation
OS'es supported	: SCO, ATT V.4, VMS
Architectures	: i80386, i80486, Vaxen
Comments	:

Name		: Spider TCP/IP
Manufacturer	: Spider Systems UK, Ltd.
OEMs		: ?
Product		: Full TCP/IP implementation
OS'es supported	: SCO, ATT V.4, Other?
Architectures	: i80386, i80486
Comments	:

Thanks for in advance for any contributions, or just pointers to more
information.

			Lars Povlsen,
			Denmark
			E-mail: krus@diku.dk
Lars Povlsen,
Computer Science Dept., University of Copenhagen, Denmark
E-mail: krus@diku.dk / ...!mcvax!dkuug!diku!krus

david@twg.com (David S. Herron) (12/15/90)

In article <1990Dec11.174624.26388@diku.dk> krus@rimfaxe.diku.dk (Lars Povlsen) writes:
>Name		: Wollongong TCP/IP
>Manufacturer	: The Wollongong Group
>OEMs		: ?
>Product		: Full TCP/IP implementation
>OS'es supported	: SCO, ATT V.4, VMS
	Also on AT&T SysVr3.2, Intel r3.2, Interactive r3.2, etc.
>Architectures	: i80386, i80486, Vaxen
>Comments	:

Also, a new product:

Name		: Wollongong OSI
Manufacturer	: The Wollongong Group
OEMs		:
Product		: OSI Upper & Lower layers in STREAMS, can connect directly
		:	to X.25 switches
		: OSI X.400 mailer with UUCP/SMTP & RFC-987/1138/1148 gateway
		: OSI X.500 Directory server
OS'es supported	: SCO/Unix, SCO/ODT, AT&T SysVr3.2, Intel r3.2, Interactive r3.2
Architectures	: i386
Comments	:

Contact sales at (415) 962-7202 for more information.

--
<- David Herron, an MMDF & WIN/MHS guy, <david@twg.com>
<- Formerly: David Herron -- NonResident E-Mail Hack <david@ms.uky.edu>