[comp.protocols.misc] zmodem protocol specs

andres@medusa.cis.ohio-state.edu (Andres Susarret) (01/03/91)

I'm trying to find the specs for the zmodem transfer protocol.  Could someone
kindly point out where I can "go" or who I can reach for such information?

(I've never posted here before, and the description of this newsgroup
seems rather misleading...am I posting to the right group?)

Std. line:  Mail or news is acceptable, will post if interest warrants.

Thanks,

-andres

--
Andres Susarret
andres@cis.ohio-state.edu or osu-cis!andres

dlittlej@beach.csulb.edu ("Darren Littlejohn") (01/12/91)

You can find them at simtel in pd1:<msdos.zmodem>.
I theink the file is called xyzmodem,but the index
file listed at the top of the directory will give
file descriptions. ftp address is 26.2.0.74.
If I can help further, let me know.
Darren
dlittlej@beach.csulb.edu

holger@pac.uucp (Holger Lesch) (01/23/91)

dlittlej@beach.csulb.edu ("Darren Littlejohn") writes:

>You can find them at simtel in pd1:<msdos.zmodem>.
>I theink the file is called xyzmodem,but the index
>file listed at the top of the directory will give
>file descriptions. ftp address is 26.2.0.74.
>If I can help further, let me know.
>Darren
>dlittlej@beach.csulb.edu

I`m also very interested in a zmodem specification, unfortunatly i can`t
reach simtel, therfore my question: could anybody post this specification
to me (or at least, does anybody know another ftp-side).

in anticipation
					  Holger

e-mail: mcvax!unido!tub!pac!holger              snail mail:
        holger@pac.uucp                         Holger Lesch
        holger%pac%tub.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU    PAC Technology GmbH
fax:	+49 30 341 07 99                        Fritschestrasse 27-28
phone:  +49 30 342 00 31                        D-1000 Berlin 10
                                                Federal Republic of Germany