[comp.protocols.appletalk] delayed appletalk message

aw0g+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU.UUCP (08/31/87)

[the following message wasn't sent to the whole list due to problems
 in changing the info-appletalk list maintainer.  Aaron Wohl (aw0g@andrew)]

Date: Tue, 25 Aug 87 16:07:36 PDT
From: hoptoad.UUCP!tim@cgl.ucsf.edu (Tim Maroney)
To: info-appletalk@andrew.cmu.edu, mss+@andrew.cmu.edu
Subject: Re:  TOPS terminal

Thanks for clearing that up.  I will suggest that the statuts of early
software
be more clearly indicated in the future.

The KIP version of Appletalk on IP is well-known to me; I commented on Bill's
early versions, and have copies of our discussions.  What we don't have id
KIP documentation; we seem to have gotten everything but.  I can't really
bring it up until I have a KIP gateway to test on.

Right now, file transfers are data fork only.  Inclusion of MacBinary format
was marked for earlier on the schedule, but the standard is ebing revised and
the old standard is not available on CompuServe any more.  When the MacBinary
II standard is ready, I will comply with it for shipping across data forks.
I would prefer to do a TOPS-compatible transfer, but it would require the
ability to create directories.

Thanks for your interest in TOPS terminal!

Tim