[comp.protocols.appletalk] Serial Port Server Software

ahby@meccts.MECC.MN.ORG (Shane P. McCarron) (09/06/87)

Some time back I asked if there was software available that would
allow me to make a serial port on the mac available over appletalk.  I
got several responses, but the most interesting was one which stated
that there was software like this available from Dartmouth.  I haven't
been able to get any more information on this software since then.  If
anyone has information about this, or any other server software for
serial ports, please drop me a line.
--
Shane P. McCarron		UUCP	ihnp4!meccts!ahby, ahby@MECC.MN.ORG
MECC Technical Services		ATT	(612) 481-3589

t-jacobs@utah-cs.UUCP (Tony Jacobs) (09/07/87)

In article <3444@meccts.MECC.MN.ORG> ahby@meccts.UUCP (Shane P. McCarron) writes:
>Some time back I asked if there was software available that would
>allow me to make a serial port on the mac available over appletalk.  I
>got several responses, but the most interesting was one which stated
>that there was software like this available from Dartmouth.  I haven't
>been able to get any more information on this software since then.  If
>anyone has information about this, or any other server software for
>serial ports, please drop me a line.
>--

I have seen on AppleLink a couple of programs from Dartmouth, one called
Async AppleTalk - which lets one do remote AppleTalk from the serial port with
a modem for example, and the other Async Peek which I believe lets on peek at
the serial ports to see what comming thru.

Tony Jacobs
Center for Engineering Design
University of Utah