[comp.protocols.appletalk] KIP/CAP and new Kinetics Gateway software - anyone using?

ralphw@IUS3.IUS.CS.CMU.EDU (Ralph Hyre) (02/09/88)

>In article <230@uvabick.UUCP>, matthew@uvabick.UUCP (Matthew D. Lewis) writes:
>> I have just reconfigured my Kinetics Fastpath box to allow the new
>> spooling and remote software from Kinetics, KTALK and KSPOOL, to work.
>From what I've been told (and what's in the documentation), CAP will support
>postscript laser printers on appletalk just as K-Spool does.
I think that this stuff belongs in comp.protocols.appletalk
Perhaps comp.protocols.appletalk should be renamed
comp.dcom.lans.protocols.appletalk or something similar to prevent this
sort of confusion.

>P.S.  I'd be very interested in hearing from anyone who was able
>to get the functions USEQUOTA and USESTATFS running in CAP/AUFS on a Sun 3/50
>under SunOS 3.4 or greater.  We're having some problems with this.
Avoid SunOS 3.4 - the networking code doesn't interoperate (ie fails) in
mysterious ways. Get SunOS release 3.5, which should be avaiable now.
Quotas and such don't always work as you'd expect with NFS-mounted file
systems.

--
					- Ralph W. Hyre, Jr.

Internet: ralphw@ius2.cs.cmu.edu    Phone:(412)268-{2847,3275} CMU-{BUGS,DARK}