[comp.protocols.appletalk] Status of Cayman Gator boxes?

shmuli@shum.huji.ac.il (06/15/88)

    In Apr-May there was some talk about Cayman Gator boxes that can be used
like Kinetic's FastPath to bridge AppleTalk and Ethernet.  Are they shipping?
Does anyone have an e-mail contact or at least a Snail address & phone #?
      Shmuel

dwalker@orion.cf.uci.edu (David Walker) (06/16/88)

In article <8806150639.AA28256@shum.Huji.AC.IL> shmuli@shum.huji.ac.il writes:

>    In Apr-May there was some talk about Cayman Gator boxes that can be used
>like Kinetic's FastPath to bridge AppleTalk and Ethernet.  Are they shipping?
>Does anyone have an e-mail contact or at least a Snail address & phone #?
>      Shmuel

Shmuel,

I just saw an advertisement for GatorBox.  It sounds real nice; it can do
what the Kinetics box does, plus they give you NFS software rigged to look
like AppleShare.  You can contact Cayman Systems at:

	Cayman Systems
	One Kendall Square, Building 600
	Cambridge, MA 02139
	 (617) 494-1999

The price they quoted to us over the phone is $2695, but that goes up by $300
after June 30 due to the memory chip shortage.

What I want to know is whether this thing can really do what Cayman claims.
Anybody have any experience?

					David Walker
					Network Services Manager
					UC Irvine