[comp.protocols.appletalk] TOPS 2.0 and System 6.0?

lengge@ethz.UUCP (Thomas Lenggenhager) (07/12/88)

Does someone know if TOPS 2.0 is able to run with the new System 6.0?
I heard some rumours that there could be problems with such a configuration.

We want to be sure, that we can use TOPS 2.0 before buying it.

Please reply with E-Mail directly to me.

Thanks in advance.  -Thomas Lenggenhager

Thomas Lenggenhager, Computer Science Dept., ETH-Zurich, Switzerland

CSNET: lengge%ifi.ethz.ch@relay.cs.net
RARE:  lengge@ifi.ethz.ch
UUCP:  ..!mcvax!cernvax!ethz!lengge

cosmos@druhi.ATT.COM (Ronald A. Guest) (07/15/88)

In article <508@ethz.UUCP>, lengge@ethz.UUCP (Thomas Lenggenhager) writes:
> Does someone know if TOPS 2.0 is able to run with the new System 6.0?
> I heard some rumours that there could be problems with such a configuration.
We are using that combination on Mac IIs, Mac Pluses and Mac SEs on a
network and have noticed no change in reliability.
Ron

u545731798ea@deneb.ucdavis.edu (L. Greg DeMichillie) (07/16/88)

In article <508@ethz.UUCP> lengge@bernina.UUCP (Thomas Lenggenhager) writes:
>Does someone know if TOPS 2.0 is able to run with the new System 6.0?
>I heard some rumours that there could be problems with such a configuration.
>
>We want to be sure, that we can use TOPS 2.0 before buying it.

TOPS 2.0 has worked with System 6.0 for us just fine for several weeks
now.  We are fairly intensive users, so any problems should have shown
up by now.

-----
L. Greg DeMichillie                    "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way"
u545731798ea@deneb.ucdavis.edu              - Jessica Rabbit
lgdemichillie@deneb.ucdavis.edu                "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"
AppleLink: ST0178