[comp.protocols.appletalk] TOPS 2.0 and Desktop Manager

isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Ken Hancock) (07/20/88)

In article <Added.8WstLNy00UkTA_Wk9M@andrew.cmu.edu> descalan@BBN.COM (David Escalante) writes:

>I had a problem with TOPS 2.0 and System 6.0's MacroMaker facility.  Once I
>removed MacroMaker from the System Folder, TOPS 2.0 worked like a charm.  I
>called TOPS/Sun about this, and they took down the information, the INITs I'm
>running, etc., and promised to get back to me.  They haven't.
>
>David Escalante
>Bolt, Beranek & Newman, Inc.

On a somewhat related note, what about the incompatability between
TOPS 2.0 and Desktop Manager.  TOPS looks for the file Desktop.  If you're
using Desktop Manger, it's rebuilt the Desktop as Desktop DB and Desktop DF.
Now, is there any problem if the Finder refers to Desktop DB and Desktop DF
and TOPS looks at the outdated Desktop.  Will this cause any problems or
is it perfectly safe?  What I'd be worried about is having files overwritten.

Anyone?

Ken

Ken Hancock  '90                   | BITNET/UUCP: isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu
Personal Computing Ctr Consultant  |
DISCLAIMER?  I don't get paid enough to worry about disclaimers.