[comp.protocols.appletalk] appletalk pascal bugs

han@Apple.COM (Byron Han, Architect) (08/25/88)

In article <283@lclark.UUCP> dan@lclark.UUCP (Dan Revel) writes:

>My 8/87 issue of MacTutor makes references to bugs exisying in the
>Pascal interface for AppleTalk.  Are these for real?  Is there a more
>recent version of the interface which fixes them?  Otherwise, do I
>have to make calls through the device driver to avoid them?  By the
>way, just what bugs are they anyways?

There are some problems with memory management.

You will want to use the new AppleTalk interfaces described in Inside
Macintosh Volume V, Chapter 28.

Essentially, with the new interfaces, you will need to set up your own
parameter blocks and make device manager calls.  Believe me - it is not
as scary as it sounds.

The new interfaces is definitely the way to go.
Byron Han,  Licensed to Dream.           I want my, I want my, I want my SIMMS
20525 Mariani Ave, MS27Y                 domain: han@apple.COM
Cupertino, CA 95014                      UUCP:{sun,voder,nsc,decwrl}!apple!han
ATTnet: 408-973-6450   Applelink: HAN1   CompuServe: 72167,1664