[comp.protocols.appletalk] Use Liason instead of Kinetics FastPath boxes

alexis@dasys1.UUCP (Alexis Rosen) (09/01/88)

paul@aucs.UUCP (Paul Steele) recently wrote:
>We will soon be dividing our MacJANET network using Fastpaths.  The server
>will be placed directly on the ethernet backbone (using the IPT ethernet
>card), while the network itself will be split into two groups using two
>fastpaths.

I very strongly recommend that you look at Liason from Infosphere before you
buy anything. It is a software bridge that runs in the background on any mac.
It will probably do exactly what you need, and save you enough money to buy
another server (or a motorcycle, or skydive rig... the possibilities are
limitless!!! :-)

Look for my next expo report (networking), due any day now...

----
Alexis Rosen                       {allegra,philabs,cmcl2}!phri\
Writing from                                {harpo,cmcl2}!cucard!dasys1!alexis
The Big Electric Cat                  {portal,well,sun}!hoptoad/
Public UNIX                         if mail fails: ...cmcl2!cucard!cunixc!abr1
Best path: uunet!dasys1!alexis