[comp.protocols.appletalk] appletalk bridges

jtk@lakesys.UUCP (Joseph T. Klein (The Prince)) (10/06/88)

So -

Has any person/university/corp/entity tried to build a link between
appletalk and ethernet using a 386 unix/xenix box and one of the
appletalk AT bus interface cards?

If TOPS is avalible for the SUN 386i, can it be used as a gateway?
How about generic solutions?

If not, why not?

--
Joseph T. Klein                              |
Alternative Publications, Inc.               |      "Wisdom to know,

peter@ernie.NECAM.COM (Peter DiPrete) (10/09/88)

In article <1086@lakesys.UUCP>, jtk@lakesys.UUCP (Joseph T. Klein (The Prince)) writes:

> If TOPS is avalible for the SUN 386i, can it be used as a gateway?
>
> If not, why not?

tops is NOT available for the 386i because of a deficiency in the MS-DOS
emulation provided in the command window.  No SunOS tops servers products
are planned (at least none that I know of).  I wish it were.

Peter Di Prete
NEC America

--
						Peter Di Prete @ NEC America