[comp.protocols.appletalk] Electronic mail using EtherTalk and

krauskpf@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (11/19/88)

When Apple's MacTCP is generally released, we will be providing the
same socket-like library for MacTCP as we currently provide for the
NCSA Telnet TCP/IP.

We showed this configuration at Interop '88 running on MacTCP.  I
assure you that there were NO mods made at any level higher than the
socket layer.  All you have to do is re-link.

As for SMTP, do you only want to send outgoing mail, or are you going
to leave your Mac turned on 24 hours/day and always running SMTP?

Tim Krauskopf
timk@ncsa.uiuc.edu
University of Illinois

urlichs@iraun1.ira.uka.de (Matthias Urlichs) (11/26/88)

In article <66000027@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu> krauskpf@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>As for SMTP, do you only want to send outgoing mail, or are you going
>to leave your Mac turned on 24 hours/day and always running SMTP?

I, for one, would like neither -- I want a SMTP server which understands
the "turn" command to switch direction. Then I could poll for my mail
whenever I like.
--
Matthias Urlichs -- Humboldtstrasse 7 -- D-7500 Karlsruhe 1 -- ++49+721-621127
urlichs@ira.uka.de -- pyramid!tmpmbx!smurf!urlichs