[comp.protocols.appletalk] kip0688 on Sun4 OS4.0

ab@b.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (Alan W Butcher) (12/16/88)

I am having problems with kip0688 on a Sun4 with SUNOS4.0.
I have not taken a lot of time to track down the problem
but atalkad is core dumping in the functions associated with
the file atalkad.c.

Are others having this problem and is there a set of patches.

The system appears to work fine on a Sun3 with SunOS4.0.

Alan Butcher Lecturer, West Virginia University
USMAIL:	212 Knapp Hall, WVU, Morgantown, WV 26506   PHONE:	304 293-3607
INTERNET: ab@b.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu
USENET:  {allegra,bellcore, cadre,idis,psuvax1}!pitt!wvucsb!ab

davef@Jessica.stanford.edu (David Finkelstein) (12/16/88)

In article <188@h.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu> ab@b.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (Alan W Butcher) writes:
>I am having problems with kip0688 on a Sun4 with SUNOS4.0.
>I have not taken a lot of time to track down the problem
>but atalkad is core dumping in the functions associated with
>the file atalkad.c.
>
>Are others having this problem and is there a set of patches.

I just finished installing KIP0688 and CAP 5.0 on a Sun 4, and I've
had no problems whatsoever with KIP.  I used the shar file found on
sumex.  No patches, no modifications.  CAP is even working fine too.

David Finkelstein		|davef@jessica.stanford.edu
Academic Information Resources	|davef%jessica@stanford.bitnet
Stanford University		|     Just say "please."

ccjoan@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu (Joan Gargano) (12/22/88)

In article <188@h.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu> ab@b.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (Alan W Butcher) writes:
>I am having problems with kip0688 on a Sun4 with SUNOS4.0.
>I have not taken a lot of time to track down the problem
>but atalkad is core dumping in the functions associated with
>the file atalkad.c.

I have had the same experience and have not had the time to track down
the problem.  Any help would be appreciated.

--
Joan Gargano * Univ. of Calif., Davis, Computing Services * (916) 752-2591
Internet   jcgargano@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu