[comp.protocols.appletalk] Looking for AppleTalk protocol implementation for 4.3 BSD UNIX

fair@Apple.COM (Erik E. Fair) (01/05/89)

I'm looking for AppleTalk protocol suite on Ethernet (complete with AARP)
implementations that really use the sockets programming interface and
will slide into a 4.3 BSD UNIX KERNEL as source (yes, we're licensed).

User-level implementations are out; I am aware of CAP, but it uses an
encapsulation that I can't use, and hacking it up to use a raw socket
without kernel support is asking for the death of my system by gross
context-switch overload.

I am also aware of Kinetics K-TALK HOST; from reading the documentation
sent to me by Kinetics, it seems that it provides a different
programming interface from sockets. I want something that integrates
cleanly into 4.3 BSD UNIX.

What else is out there and available? Please reply by Email.

	Erik E. Fair	apple!fair	fair@apple.com

billn@kinetics.UUCP (Bill Northlich) (01/07/89)

In article <23368@apple.Apple.COM> fair@Apple.COM (Erik E. Fair) writes:
>I'm looking for AppleTalk protocol suite on Ethernet (complete with AARP)
We've got it.
>I am also aware of Kinetics K-TALK HOST; from reading the documentation
>sent to me by Kinetics, it seems that it provides a different
>programming interface from sockets.
No, it doesn't.
>I want something that integrates cleanly into 4.3 BSD UNIX.
It does.