[comp.protocols.appletalk] Question on porting cap

jpace@ARDEC.ARPA ("James D. Pace", IMD-TSB) (01/13/89)

I have compiled the cap v5.0 programs on Celerity Unix (bsd 4.2) and have
the following problem:  when compiling the samples, atlook will only
see the gateway (Kinetics FastPath) and will see nothing on the localtalk
network.  The gateway is configured properly, as different machines
see the Kinetics box and everything on the localtalk network.  Any ideas
as to which modules might need modification?

Jim Pace
jpace@ardec.arpa  or
jpace@pica.army.mil

falken@caen.engin.umich.edu (David R Falkenburg) (01/16/89)

In article <8901130905.aa28754@ARDEC-3.ARDEC.ARPA>, jpace@ARDEC.ARPA ("James D. Pace", IMD-TSB) writes:
> I have compiled the cap v5.0 programs on Celerity Unix (bsd 4.2) and have
> the following problem:  when compiling the samples, atlook will only
> see the gateway (Kinetics FastPath) and will see nothing on the localtalk
> network.  The gateway is configured properly, as different machines
> see the Kinetics box and everything on the localtalk network.  Any ideas
> as to which modules might need modification?
>
> Jim Pace
> jpace@ardec.arpa  or
> jpace@pica.army.mil

Is the KFPS on the same IP subnet as the FastPath?  (i.e if your unix machine
is on w.x.y.z is the FastPath's address w.x.y.? also?)

If this is the case, your problem could be related to IP routers not passingh
along the necessary brodacast packets from the fastpath to your unix machine
(or vice versa).

-dave falkenburg
--
Dave Falkenburg @ University of Michigan Computer Aided Engineering Network