[comp.protocols.appletalk] AUFS print accounting patch wanted

koreth@ssyx.ucsc.edu (Steven Grimm) (01/25/89)

Several months ago, someone posted a set of patches to aufs to allow
print accounting.  They involved setting up a new directory, where
there was one file for each aufs session.  We appear to have lost those
patches; can someone mail them to me?  They don't appear to be on
cunixc.columbia.edu.

---
These are my opinions, which you can probably ignore if you want to.
Steven Grimm		Moderator, comp.{sources,binaries}.atari.st
koreth@ssyx.ucsc.edu	uunet!ucbvax!ucscc!ssyx!koreth

dredick@vax.bbn.com (The Druid) (01/26/89)

In article <6092@saturn.ucsc.edu> koreth@ssyx.ucsc.edu (Steven Grimm) writes:
>Several months ago, someone posted a set of patches to aufs to allow
>print accounting.  They involved setting up a new directory, where
>there was one file for each aufs session.  We appear to have lost those
>patches; can someone mail them to me?  They don't appear to be on
>cunixc.columbia.edu.

I would like these patches, also...

=    The Druid (dredick@bbn.com)                                              =
=                   "Did you ever feel that you were a typewriter,            =
=                    when everone else in the world was a wordprocessor"      =

scanner@pawl.rpi.edu (Eric "Scanner" Luce) (01/26/89)

In article <6092@saturn.ucsc.edu> koreth@ssyx.ucsc.edu (Steven Grimm) writes:
>Several months ago, someone posted a set of patches to aufs to allow
>print accounting.  They involved setting up a new directory, where
>there was one file for each aufs session.

>These are my opinions, which you can probably ignore if you want to.
>Steven Grimm		Moderator, comp.{sources,binaries}.atari.st
>koreth@ssyx.ucsc.edu	uunet!ucbvax!ucscc!ssyx!koreth

There is interest here at RPI in these patches also.

Could I be included on the mailing list?

Thanks again,

--Scanner

-- internet: scanner@itsgw.rpi.edu
-- bitnet:   userf0f3@rpitsmts.bitnet

budd@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Philip Budne) (01/26/89)

I posted modifications to aufs and lwsrv that will allow only those
users logged in to aufs to print to lwsrv printers.  In addition the
pages will be "charged" to the user, not to root.

I have mailed the changes (about 16K chars) to the three users who
posted their interest (koreth@ssyx.ucsc.edu, dredick@vax.bbn.com,
scanner@pawl.rpi.edu), and will mail them to anyone else who requests
them by mail.  I will repost only if I get an overwhelming number of
requests.

	Phil Budne, Boston University

jfm@ruddles.sprl.umich.edu.engin.umich.edu (John F. Mansfield) (01/26/89)

In article <331@rpi.edu> scanner@pawl.rpi.edu (Eric "Scanner" Luce) writes:
>In article <6092@saturn.ucsc.edu> koreth@ssyx.ucsc.edu (Steven Grimm) writes:
>>Several months ago, someone posted a set of patches to aufs to allow
>>print accounting.  They involved setting up a new directory, where
>>there was one file for each aufs session.

Seems to me there is enough interest to warrant posting them.

John Mansfield
North Campus Electron Microbeam Analysis Laboratory 2455 Hayward, Ann Arbor,
Michigan 48109-2143. 313-936-3352
Internet: jfm@ruddles.sprl.umich.edu or john_mansfield.um.cc.umich.edu