[comp.protocols.appletalk] Ethernet LAN bridge over phone line

macman@ethz.UUCP (Danny Schwendener) (01/28/89)

From:    ALOIS
Subject: Ethernet LAN bridge over phone line
Date:    27-JAN-1989 17:32:29

Ethernet LAN-Bridge required

Our company uses an Ethernet LAN with several Unix-Workstations, a MAC II
and a PC/AT connected. Various networking software is used, based on
TCP/IP like Telnet, ftp and NFS.

In the near future we will open a brach office in another part of Zurich
and want to extend our LAN to a wide area network, with a LAN bridge
over a 9600 baud or 19200 baud leased line with modem connection. Our
main computer supplier HP does not offer such LAN bridges for the
Ethernet LAN. Therefore we are looking for third party hardware.
The bridge or gateway should provide transparent TCP/IP services between
the two LANs in the two offices.

We would appreciate information about hardware suppliers for such
equipment, and/or similar installations.

Network address: mac@czheth5a.bitnet
Mailbox on ETH MAC BBS: Alois
Phone: Switzerland (01) 361 62 52   Alois Treindl

Thanks, Alois