[comp.protocols.appletalk] Looking for MacDump Compatible w/6.0.2

austins@violet.berkeley.edu (Austin Shelton) (02/01/89)

I recently upgraded my Macintosh to use system version 6.0.2.  It now seems
that MacDump no longer works.  It produces the message:  "DUMPER  MPP DRIVER
NOT FOUND".  This happens even on a vanilla 6.0.2 system.  Does anyone know of
a version that is compatible with system 6.0.n or where I can go for more
information?  Thanks.

Austin Shelton
Central Computing Services
University of California at Berkeley
Berkeley, CA  94720
(415) 642-6158
austins@violet.Berkeley.Edu

inei@cs.glasgow.ac.UK (Nick Nei) (02/02/89)

Austin Shelton writes:

> I recently upgraded my Macintosh to use system version 6.0.2.  It now seems
> that MacDump no longer works.  It produces the message:  "DUMPER  MPP DRIVER
> NOT FOUND".  This happens even on a vanilla 6.0.2 system.  Does anyone know of
> a version that is compatible with system 6.0.n or where I can go for more
> information?  Thanks.

MPP Driver is a resource.  Using ResEdit, you should be able to copy
the resource from your old system (hope you still have it) to your
new 6.0.2 System.  The Installer application ate the MPP driver for
me as well.

ARPA:	inei%cs.glasgow.ac.uk@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk USENET:	inei@cs.glasgow.uucp
Mail:	Nick Nei, Computing Science Dept.,
	Glasgow Univ., 17 Lilybank Gardens,
      	Glasgow G12 8QQ, UK.  Tel: (041) 339 8855