[comp.protocols.appletalk] Reference to Inside Appletalk

paisley@MTE.NCSU.EDU (Mike) (01/27/89)

A recent trip to my local campus bookstore revealed (1) although they have
everything else, they don't have a copy of "Inside AppleTalk (or LocalTalk
whichever the book is now called), and (2) it isn't even listed in "Books in
Print" so I can't order it.

I was informed that most Apple books were picked up by Addison-Wesley and thus
were available, but if this one wasn't, it wouldn't appear in "Books in
Print."  Anyone got ISBN#'s or other useful info on how to get this book or
perhaps equivalent information?  Thanks.

				Michael J. Paisley
				PAISLEY@NCSUMTE.BITNET
				PAISLEY@MTE.NCSU.EDU
				PAISLEY%MTE@NCSUVX.NCSU.EDU
				70156,1117 (CompuServe)
				Materials Science and Engineering
				229 Riddick Laboratories
				Campus Box 7907
				North Carolina State University
				Raleigh, NC 27695-7907
				Office: (919) 737-7083
				Messages: (919) 737-2377
				FAX: (919) 737-3419

ech@pegasus.ATT.COM (Edward C Horvath) (01/28/89)

From article <8901261615.AA02629@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu>, by paisley@MTE.NCSU.EDU (Mike):
> A recent trip to my local campus bookstore revealed (1) although they have
> everything else, they don't have a copy of "Inside AppleTalk (or LocalTalk
> whichever the book is now called)...

It's Inside AppleTalk, and it's still "forthcoming" from AW.  However, you
SHOULD still be able to get a copy from APDA.  Also ask for the Apple
Data Stream Protocol (ADSP) "preliminary note" and the Apple Filing Protocol
(AFP) docs.  My assumption would be that Apple will continue to make all
this available through APDA at least until the A-W edition comes out.

=Ned Horvath=

Daniel_R_Albaugh@cup.portal.com (01/30/89)

Inside AppleTalk is available from APDA (Apple Progrmmers and Developers
Association).  1-800-282-APDA.  Address is:

AppleComputer, Inc.
20525 Mariani Avenue, M/S 33G
Cupertino, CA  95014-6299

Membership is $20 and the 200 page manual and 400k disk of utilities is
$17.50 plus 1.51 S&H

cralle@LLL-CRG.LLNL.GOV (Bob Cralle) (02/03/89)

pls remove me from mailing list