Date:     MON MAY 15, 1989 05.28.32 EST
From:     "-=*REB*=-" <RB00%LEHIGH.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu>
Subject:  Say "thanks" to Alaska oil volunteers!

The following message was posted on a mainframe here at Lehigh. I
think it would be of interest to many net.folk...
The University of Alaska Computer Network has set up a special account
so that the VOLUNTEERS (None of these people work for the oil
companies, they are doing this for free.) working to help clean up the
Prince William Sound oil spill can receive electronic messages of
THANKS.  Mail sent to
                       THANKS@ALASKA.BITNET
is sent to the volunteers.  They report that this keeps their spirits
up amidst the muck.  THANKS is handled by a part-time instructor at
Prince William Sound Community College.
PLEASE DO NOT FLAME thanks@alaska ABOUT THE SITUATION.  Figure out how
to flame Exxon instead.

If I know net.folk, the volunteers will now be flooded with messages
of praise and goodwill!
                                  REB
  /InterNet:kREBaum@Vax1.CC.Lehigh.EDU BitNet: RB00@Lehigh.Bitnet ",
 /SlowNet: 508 E 4th St Suite #1, Bethlehem, PA 18015  215-867-8433",
/NJ Slownet: 861 Washington Avenue Westwood, NJ 07675  201-666-9207 ",
            Let the words be yours, I am done with mine.

----- End of forwarded messages