[comp.protocols.appletalk] NCSA TELNET 2.1E AND MAC IIX

kdb@intercon.uu.net (Kurt bauamna) (06/24/89)

In article <Added.QYc=Tm600Ui301jE9l@andrew.cmu.edu>, ISSTTH@NUSVM.BITNET (TNG TH) writes:
> I have run NCSA TELNET on my Mac II without any problems. The Mac II has
> an Apple EtherTalk card and the driver from 3COM. When I tried the software
> on a Mac IIx with an Apple EtherTalk Card and EtherTalk driver from 3COM, NCSA
> Telnet bombs.
> Can anyone please tell me how to get a copy of Telnet that works with the
> IIx, or am I being duped by Apple again?
>
> It seems strange that the EtherTalk card from Apple came without documentation
> or even the driver!!! An the card came with a jumper shorted. Took me a whole
> day before I figured that I must change the jumper to get the card to respond
> to a loopback diagnostic test from 3COM.
>
> Ridiculous!!!

Ridiculous.:-)  It seems that you need to have the newest version of NCSA
Telnet not you 2.1E.  The "current" version is 2.2, which has been out for about
one year with 2.3 in beta and soon to be "shipping".  Try to get 2.2 from
zaphod.uiuc.edu and that should clear up your problems.  (I think thats the
right address)

cheers
--
Kurt Baumann

InterCon Systems Corporation
46950 Community Plaza
Suite 101-132
Sterling, VA 22170              Phone: 703.450.7117