[comp.protocols.appletalk] NCSA 2.3 Beta reports

kdb@intercon.uu.net (Kurt bauamna) (06/24/89)

In article <74762@pyramid.pyramid.com>, bjb@pyramid.pyramid.com (Bruce Beare) writes:
> Sorry to post this to the net, but I don't know the address...
>
> I have recently gotten a copy of telnet 2.3b7. Where can I send bug reports
> and/or suggestions for "improvements?"
>
> -Bruce Beare

I believe that you are already behind in versions.  The last number I saw
was 2.3b9, and there are several FTP problems with the version that you have.
You should obtain a newer copy and retry your bugs.  I believe that you send
reports to timk@ncsa.uiuc.edu.  (don't shoot me Tim if I am wrong :-))

cheers
--
Kurt Baumann

InterCon Systems Corporation
46950 Community Plaza
Suite 101-132
Sterling, VA 22170              Phone: 703.450.7117

hirchert@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (06/24/89)

>Sorry to post this to the net, but I don't know the address...
>
>I have recently gotten a copy of telnet 2.3b7. Where can I send bug reports
>and/or suggestions for "improvements?"
>
>-Bruce Beare
As it says in the About NCSA Telnet... box,

NCSA Software Development
152 Computing Applications Bldg
605 E. Springfield Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820

e-mail:telbug@ncsa.uiuc.edu

Kurt W. Hirchert     hirchert@ncsa.uiuc.edu

wille@hpcuhb.HP.COM (Ross Wille) (06/28/89)

NCSA said that there is a serious bug in Telnet versions 2.3b3 thru 2.3b7
for the Macintosh.  Bad ftp data, crashing, etc.  You should not use any
of these versions, but rather use either the released 2.2 or 2.3b8 or later.

I've personally had problems with these so I speak from experience.

Ross Wille - Hewlett Packard
wille@hpccc.hp.com