[comp.protocols.appletalk] Problem with cap50 on Gould Powernode

moyman@AQUARIUM.ECN.PURDUE.EDU (Mike "appletalk" MacMoya) (07/05/89)

--- Your mail of: Monday, 07/03/89 ---

   From:  mcvax!ukc!icdoc!tgould!lmjm@uunet.uu.net  (Lee McLoughlin)
   Subject:  Problem with cap50 on Gould Powernode

   We've been trying, unsuccessfully, to get cap50 to run on a Gould
   Powernode which runs a 4.3 BSD version of Unix.  The basic programs
   seem to work except that services never get registered.  With atis
   running running atistest results in:

   Lee McLoughlin
   Department of Computing,Imperial College

--- end of mail  ---

I have CAP 5.0 running on both of Gould's PowerNode 9080 (UTX 3.1u01
going thorugh a FastPath 1) and NP1 (UTX 2.0 going through a
FastPath 2) arch's (both recieving 30-80 sessions daily)...The
only *major* thing I remember doing is that you need to edit m4.setup
to use SUNQUOTA instead of the standard BSD setup...It was a while
back...I could not make out anything wrong from what you sent (other
than it was not working)...Double checking the config type files
might surface the problem.  /etc/atalkatab, /etc/atalk.local, make
sure you are using the *right* sockets for the kinetics box...etc..

Mike Moya
Engineering Computer Network
Purdue Universiy

lmjm@doc.ic.ac.uk (Lee McLoughlin) (07/11/89)

In article <8907051355.AA20602@aquarium.ecn.purdue.edu> moyman@AQUARIUM.ECN.PURDUE.EDU (Mike "appletalk" MacMoya) writes:

Thanks to all who replied to my problems trying to get cap running on
the gould.  After much head scratching and applying all the posted
patches.  After even finding a C compiler bug on the gould.  I dediced
to just try commenting out lines in the various config files.  It finally
started working when I zapped the "atisnet atisnode" line in
atalkd.local.  It seems to prefer working it out for itself.

	Thanks
		Lee
Lee McLoughlin			01 589 5111 X 5028
Department of Computing,Imperial College,180 Queens Gate,London SW7 2BZ, UK
Janet: lmjm@uk.ac.ic.doc	Uucp:  lmjm@icdoc.UUCP (or ..!ukc!icdoc!lmjm)
DARPA: lmjm@doc.ic.ac.uk (or lmjm%uk.ac.ic.doc@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk)