[comp.protocols.appletalk] Help with running HyperCard off CAP AppleShare server

jeff@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Jeffrey M White) (07/14/89)

  I'm trying to setup HyperCard so it can run off a CAP AppleShare server.
However, whenever I try to open any stack, it comes back with an error box:
"Can't open Stack ....
 File System error -50"
  I have't had any other problems with the AS volume that I'm aware of.  It's
not write protected and there is space on the unix disk to copy files to it.
I should mention that I get the same error whether I try to run the HyperCard
application from either the server or a local hard disk.  The HC manual gives
no error information, and the System Error DA lists -50 as "error in user
parameter list".  Any ideas?

						Jeff White
						University of Pennsylvania
						jeff@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

jeff@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Jeffrey M White) (07/17/89)

In article <MacMM.28796.16838.schmidt@sumex-aim.stanford.edu> schmidt@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU (Christopher Schmidt) writes:

>        With Hypercard 1.2.1 and CAP, we had to name our stacks with
>alternating capitals-- nAmEs.lIkE.ThIs.  Otherwise, we got the -50 error.
>With Hypercard 1.2.2 went back to names.like.this.
>--Christopher
>-------

  Thanks for the info.  I'm looking to get 1.2.2 now.  Just out of curiousity,
does this bug show up in any other applications, and as far as Hypercard is
concerned, is it a bug in it, or with the CAP implementation of AppleShare?