[comp.protocols.appletalk] Applications that don't run off Aufs Servers...

moyman@AQUARIUM.ECN.PURDUE.EDU (Mike "appletalk" MacMoya) (07/17/89)

--- Your posting of: Monday, 07/17/89 ---

   From:  netnews.upenn.edu!eniac.seas.upenn.edu!jeff@rutgers.edu  (Jeffrey M W
  hite)
   Subject:  Re: Help with running HyperCard off CAP AppleShare server

   In article <MacMM.28796.16838.schmidt@sumex-aim.stanford.edu> schmidt@SUMEX-
  AIM.STANFORD.EDU (Christopher Schmidt) writes:

   >        With Hypercard 1.2.1 and CAP, we had to name our stacks with
   >alternating capitals-- nAmEs.lIkE.ThIs.  Otherwise, we got the -50 error.
   >With Hypercard 1.2.2 went back to names.like.this.
   >--Christopher
   >-------

     Thanks for the info.  I'm looking to get 1.2.2 now.  Just out of curiousit
  y,
   does this bug show up in any other applications, and as far as Hypercard is
   concerned, is it a bug in it, or with the CAP implementation of AppleShare?

   					Jeff White
   					University of Pennsylvania

--- end of posting ---

I doubt it was the same "bug"...but if I remember correctly,
the application "expressionist" causes a system crash when you try to
launch it from an Aufs volume...version 2.0...I left it at that...
Any others?

Mike Moya
Engineering Computer Network
Purdue University