[comp.protocols.appletalk] PC NCSA Telnet on Apple PC-Localtal

jtwarden@pawl.rpi.edu (Joseph T. Warden) (06/20/89)

In article <66000035@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu> krauskpf@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>This is a test version of NCSA Telnet for the PC which supports
>the Apple LocalTalk driver.  We are going to be testing on the TOPS
>board soon, but I assume it works.
>
>Tim Krauskopf
>NCSA

We have tried to install this implementation of PC NCSA Telnet on an
AT clone using a TOPS card (NOT Flashcard) connected to a localtalk
network with KFP-4 gateway. Thus far we have been unsuccessful -
the software cannot find the localtalk driver. Fellow
netters at UToronto,Purdue and LBL have also had difficulty
using either a Flashcard or an Apple appleTalk card. We would
all appreciate advice from anyone able to use the PC Telnet on
localtalk.

Thanks much,

Joseph Warden
Rensselaer

jtwarden@pawl.rpi.edu -or- jtwarden@charis.chem.rpi.edu

geo@surf.sics.bu.oz (George Bray) (07/11/89)

From article <66000035@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu>, by krauskpf@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu:

> Take a standard config.tel file which works on Ethernet or get one from
> the 2.2 Ethernet release.  Change/Add the following lines:

> hardware=ltalk
> interrupt=60       # or appropriate software interrupt for driver

Does this work with the Daystar Digital MCA LocalTalk card?

Thanks,
	geo

--
George Bray           AppleLink: AUST0287      MacNet: GEO   Pager:075-50-7004
Byte Technologies     ClubMac: GEO   CompuServe: 72711,253   Phone:075-95-1111

krauskpf@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (07/23/89)

This is a test version of NCSA Telnet for the PC which supports
the Apple LocalTalk driver.  We are going to be testing on the TOPS
board soon, but I assume it works.  The release 2.3 will be later this
summer.  The rest of the code in this version is identical to v2.2.

Take a standard config.tel file which works on Ethernet or get one from
the 2.2 Ethernet release.  Change/Add the following lines:

hardware=ltalk
interrupt=60       # or appropriate software interrupt for driver

And make sure your appletalk driver is installed and working.
e.g. can you "see" the laser printer?

Tim Krauskopf
NCSA