[comp.protocols.appletalk] Looking for inter-Mac messaging program

shmuli@shum.Huji.AC.IL (Shmuel Browns) (08/30/89)

In article <4469@lindy.Stanford.EDU> philf@lindy.UUCP (Phil Fernandez) writes:

>I'm trying to find a public domain or shareware program that allows
>messaging or talk (a la Unix) sessions between Macs connected to an
>appletalk network...

    I know of 2 programs that sort of fit the bill:
    1. Broadcast is a Chooser document that lets you send a short
          broadcast to one or more Macs on an AppleTalk network.
    2. AppleJam is an application that lets 2 or more users talk.

I think both are available on sumex.
    There's a similar program that was described in MacTutor - I don't know
if anyone has typed it in and tried it (or purchased the source disk)?  It was
a while back, MacTutor, August 87, in an article by Ty Shipman called "Build
a Gossip Net on AppleTalk in C".
     Shmuel
 ---
Shmuel Browns, Macintosh & Unix Technical Support          VOICE: +972-2-584539
  MAIL: Computer Centre, Taylor #110, Hebrew University, Jerusalem 91904 ISRAEL
  BITNET: SHMULI@HUJINIX               CSNET & INTERNET: shmuli@shum.huji.ac.il