[comp.protocols.appletalk] LaserWriter setdefaulttimeouts

inei@cs.glasgow.ac.UK (Nick Nei) (09/04/89)

For no apparent reason, papif seem to be giving me the following errors
with simple files:

papif: Starting for inei@yap on Mon Sep  4 13:50:07 1989 at 551 pages
%%[ Error: invalidaccess; OffendingCommand: setdefaulttimeouts ]%%
%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%

I don't know if this is a LaserWriter problem or a papif problem.
Can anyone help?

Mail:	Nick Nei, Computing Science Dept.,
	Glasgow Univ., 17 Lilybank Gardens,
      	Glasgow G12 8QQ, UK.  Tel: (041) 339 8855 x 5457
ARPA:	inei%cs.glasgow.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk USENET: inei@cs.glasgow.uucp

isaac@goanna.oz (Isaac Balbin) (09/06/89)

inei@cs.glasgow.ac.UK (Nick Nei) writes:

>For no apparent reason, papif seem to be giving me the following errors
>with simple files:

>papif: Starting for inei@yap on Mon Sep  4 13:50:07 1989 at 551 pages
>%%[ Error: invalidaccess; OffendingCommand: setdefaulttimeouts ]%%
>%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%

>I don't know if this is a LaserWriter problem or a papif problem.
>Can anyone help?
The first thing I do when I get a problem like that is remove all comments
from my postscript and resend the postscript. Very often it works.
papif really can do something silly to your postscript when it tries
to understand convention.