[comp.protocols.appletalk] Printing Postscript to Appletalk LaserWriters

mm5l+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Matthew Mashyna) (08/26/89)

Has anyone had any luck using PicComment to print postscript ? I'm
looking to build something like SendPS. I've tried a lot of different
approaches and have had no luck. I took their examples in Pascal (tech
note 91) and redid them in C and they didn't work. I can print quickdraw
stuff just fine but no Postscript. And, of course, the printer provide
no usefull error reports -- only undefined errors.

Mark Kieling@Apple.com (Mark Kieling) (08/28/89)

In article <0YxPXN200iLOA1R1RO@andrew.cmu.edu> mm5l+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU
(Matthew Mashyna) writes:
> Has anyone had any luck using PicComment to print postscript ? I'm
> looking to build something like SendPS. I've tried a lot of different
> approaches and have had no luck.

There are PicComments that will allow you to send PostScript from a
handle, file, or resource.
See Tech. Note 91.

abm@mbunix.mitre.org (Alexander B. Murphy) (08/31/89)

  I have been looking for a program to allow me to print to a local appletalk
laserwriter postscript files that I have brought into my mMAC via FTP.. are
you discussing the possibilities/ problems of creating such a utility and/or
do you know of any that already exist??

Alex Murphy
abm@mbunix.mitre.org
(617) 271-2284

tom@wcc.oz (Tom Evans) (09/08/89)

In article <66561@linus.UUCP>, abm@mbunix.mitre.org (Alexander B. Murphy) writes:

>   I have been looking for a program to allow me to print to a local appletalk
> laserwriter postscript files that I have brought into my mMAC via FTP.. are

1. Look for SendPS (C) 1986 Adobe Systems Inc. A modified version,
DistillPS (?) was on comp.binaries.mac on 1-April-89,
posted by greid@adobe.com (Glenn Reid).

2. File --> Word in Style "PostScript", see the manual for fiddles and
print. Don't try with a 250kbyte file like I did (Bomb ID=02).

3. CAP on Unix, Alisa/Pacer on Vax.

tom@wcc.oz.AU