[comp.protocols.appletalk] Telnet and FoxBase windows go away if left alone

markham@tsc.cs.unc.edu (Andrew Markham) (09/13/89)

We have had this problem occur MANY times on our site.

If one of us opens a Telnet window and leaves it for an extended period of
time (say overnight), the window might be there the next day, or it might
not be.  The same thing occurs for a FoxBASE window that is viewing data
across AppleTalk (on Server).  Is this something that AppleTalk does:  nuking
grossly unused connections; or is it in the NCSA Telnet and FoxBASE code to
do such a thing.  It doesn't seem to be at certain intervals or patter, so
we cannot track it down.

Does anyone have any ideas or am I the only one experiencing this problem.

Please respond to comp.sys.mac or by e-mail, as I do not read comp.protocols.
appletalk.

Thank you for your help,

Andrew W. Markham 			<markham@sunmail.cs.unc.edu>
Computer Science Department			UNC-CH
"Nobody in the world can cover my main man Michael Jordan. No, No, Nooobody."
					-Mars Blackmon

roland@dna.lth.se (Roland Mansson) (09/15/89)

In article <9476@thorin.cs.unc.edu> markham@tsc.cs.unc.edu (Andrew Markham) writes:
>If one of us opens a Telnet window and leaves it for an extended period of
>time (say overnight), the window might be there the next day, or it might
>not be.
If you have a screen saver, turn it off and see if it works without it.
I had this problem with NCSA Telnet and Pyro (1.x or 2.x something).
--
Roland Mansson, Lund University Computing Center, Box 783, S220 07 Lund, Sweden
Phone: +46-46107436   Fax: +46-46138225   Bitnet: roland_m@seldc52