[comp.protocols.appletalk] Apple Share PC II

scott@h-three.UUCP (scott) (12/04/89)

In article <Added.EZRHvve00UkTQ=4U85@andrew.cmu.edu>, C4898@UMSLVMA.BITNET (Larry Pickett) writes:
> Does anyone have experience with Apple Share PC II running on a PC
> attached to IBM TokenRing.  We have an early release of the TokenRing
> board in an Apple II and are running Apple's internet router but when I
> run ABOTH and then the DA the PC is unable to see any servers or LaserWriters.

I have run AppleShare PC 2.0 over token-ring, with AppleShare servers also
on the ring. It works quite well; I've found no incompatibilities when using
the AppleTalk Internet Router. PC nodes have no trouble accessing any of the
internet's resources. All in all, these are some fine products from
Apple. If you are having problems, my first suggestion is to ensure that you
are using the latest versions of the software; we had some problems with
earlier revs.

--
Scott H. Crenshaw			uunet!h-three!scott
h-three Systems Corporation             scott%h-three@uunet.uu.net