   From: billkatt
   Subject:  KIP UDP ranges

   Okay, who out there uses the NIC KIP UDP range (200-208) and
   who uses the unknown range (768, etc.)?  And why?  I want to
   switch to the NIC range, but I have heard it causes trouble with
   portmapper.  Does anyone have info on this?
   -Steve

--------
I have used the 200-208 range for over 2 years and have had no
troubles...Sun3, Sun4, GOULD, VAXEN, and Sequent arch's

Mike Moya
Engineering Computer Network
Purdue University