[comp.protocols.appletalk] CAP/Broadcast

matter@blake.acs.washington.edu (Matthew Trunnell) (12/15/89)

Noticing that a Mac running the Broadcast chooser device responds to an
ATLOOK poll from a UNIX machine running CAP, I am wondering:  Has anyone
written any code to send Broadcast messages to a Mac from a workstation?
It would be nice to have rwall send messages to all the Macs on the LAN
if, for instance, someone on the UNIX side was messing about with the
gateway configuration.

matter

dplatt@coherent.com (Dave Platt) (12/15/89)

In article <4926@blake.acs.washington.edu> matter@blake.acs.washington.edu (Matthew Trunnell) writes:

> Noticing that a Mac running the Broadcast chooser device responds to an
> ATLOOK poll from a UNIX machine running CAP, I am wondering:  Has anyone
> written any code to send Broadcast messages to a Mac from a workstation?
> It would be nice to have rwall send messages to all the Macs on the LAN
> if, for instance, someone on the UNIX side was messing about with the
> gateway configuration.

I believe that the author of Broadcast will provide you with such a
program, if you send in the requested shareware fee for Broadcast
($25/zone or thereabouts, I think).
--
Dave Platt                                             VOICE: (415) 493-8805
  UUCP: ...!{ames,apple,uunet}!coherent!dplatt   DOMAIN: dplatt@coherent.com