[comp.protocols.appletalk] How to get Broadcast software

hhg1@GTE.COM (Hallett German) (12/19/89)

Can someone give me a snail mail address to get a copy of Broadcast? I
don't yet have access to anon ftp. A BBS # is fine too.

Hopefully, some day Appletalk will include this same type of capability.

Hal German
GTE Labs
40 Sylvan Rd
Waltham Ma 02254

dd@ariel.unm.edu (dd) (12/19/89)

In article <7926@bunny.GTE.COM> hhg1@GTE.COM (Hallett German) writes:
>Can someone give me a snail mail address to get a copy of Broadcast? I
>don't yet have access to anon ftp. A BBS # is fine too.

   I have access to the internet.  Can someone give me a location
   from which I can anonymously FTP this beast?

   Thanks in advance!

--
Don Doerner				dd@ariel.unm.edu
University of New Mexico CIRT

billkatt@mondo.engin.umich.edu (billkatt) (12/20/89)

In article <7926@bunny.GTE.COM> hhg1@GTE.COM (Hallett German) writes:
>Can someone give me a snail mail address to get a copy of Broadcast? I
>don't yet have access to anon ftp. A BBS # is fine too.
>
>Hopefully, some day Appletalk will include this same type of capability.

What does this mean?  Broadcast uses AppleTalk.  As for AppleTalk having that
kind of capability in the future, I would doubt it.  AppleTalk doesn't provide
any services to the user.  It provides services to the programmer.  No
application-level service is included in AppleTalk.  Maybe you are confusing
AppleShare with AFP?  Or PAP with the LaserWriter driver?

-Steve

6500stom@hub.UUCP (12/21/89)

>    I have access to the internet.  Can someone give me a location
>    from which I can anonymously FTP this beast?

The best source for PD Mac software on the internet would be
sumex.stanford.edu. I'm not sure what the numerical equivolent is but
I can look it up if you want.

/            Josh Pritikin             T Ignorance is bliss.           \
| Internet:  6500stom@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu | I must be in hell.            |
| AppleLink: Josh.P                    | My room is proof that entropi |
\ GEnie:     J.Pritikin                ! exists.                       /