[comp.protocols.appletalk] Using Liason to connect sites automatically

mel@infotec.UUCP (Michael Mel) (01/04/90)

We're using Liason to create bridges between sites based on Appletalk.
Telebit Trailblazer plus modems connect the sites and allow the two
networks to appear as one. Both sites have Inbox message centers. The
new version of Inbox includes a router, which can store/forward mail
between message centers, but it cannot create the network connection.
In other words, Inbox has no knowledge of modems, etc. It is configured
to probe the network for other message centers periodically to try to
find other message centers, and if found, initiate a dialog / mail
exchange with them. If a user creates a bridge via Liason, then the
message centers can converse. But, this requires someone to periodically
make the Liason connection.

The question is: Is there a piece of software for the Mac that can periodically
perform a series of mouse clicks and keystrokes to cause the Liason
connection to occur at fixed points in time (i.e. every half hour)?

I've heard of something called 'Tempo' which might be able to do this,
but I don't know who makes it, or if it will work.

Anyone with knowledge of a workable solution?
Thanks

--
Michael Mel               UUCP: ...sun!sunkist!infotec!mel
Infotec                                      or

tempest@wet.UUCP (Ken Lui) (01/05/90)

In article <357@infotec.UUCP> mel@infotec.UUCP (Michael Mel) writes:
>The question is: Is there a piece of software for the Mac that can periodically
>perform a series of mouse clicks and keystrokes to cause the Liason
>connection to occur at fixed points in time (i.e. every half hour)?
>
>I've heard of something called 'Tempo' which might be able to do this,
>but I don't know who makes it, or if it will work.

You can also use QuicKeys with QuickTimer.  With QT, you can have
macros run at a specific time of the day (one of several
options).  I suggest you look into QuicKeys.  Note: I am in no
way affiliated with the folks who write and sell QuicKeys.

Ken

     Kenneth K.F. Lui	   |  UUCP:	...{ucsfcca|claris}!wet!tempest
     tempest@wet.UUCP	   |  Internet:	cca.ucsf.edu!wet!tempest@cgl.ucsf.edu