[comp.protocols.appletalk] BOOTP for MacTCP

amanda@mermaid.intercon.com (Amanda Walker) (02/02/90)

In article <9002011907.AA23185@icarus.cns.syr.EDU>, demarsee@ICARUS.CNS.SYR.EDU
(Darryl E. Marsee) writes:
> I have a Mac IIx with an Apple Ethernet Card and MacTCP.  Is there a
> way to configure MacTCP to use BOOTP to get it's IP address?  The MacTCP
> Administration Guide mentions both BOOTP and RARP, but doesn't say
> anything about how to implement them with MacTCP.

If you select "Obtain address from Server" in the configuration dialog (which
you get by clicking on "More..." in the MacTCP or AdminTCP control panel),
it will try KIP over LocalTalk and both BOOTP and RARP over Ethernet.  If
it gets a response, it'll then use it.

--
Amanda Walker
InterCon Systems Corporation

"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view."
	--Obi-Wan Kenobi in "Return of the Jedi"