[comp.protocols.appletalk] Telnet/MacTCP/Appletal

jln@acns.nwu.edu (John Norstad) (02/08/90)

In article <3575@accuvax.nwu.edu> jln@acns.nwu.edu (John Norstad - that's
me) writes:
> (I tried to install the FastPath 4 yesterday, but being the worthless
> hunk of metal that it is, I couldn't get it to work - I almost
> drop-kicked it into Lake Michigan :-)

I take it back - thanks to a phone call from Steve Iribarne, an engineer
with Kinetics/Novell, our new FastPath 4 now works just fine, and our
QuickMail/StarNine server appears to have stopped crashing.  It's a
beautiful hunk of metal.

So it appears that perhaps 2u's do have something to do with the problems
we've experienced, and getting a true 4 helps.  I'll know more in a few
weeks.

John Norstad
Northwestern University
jln@acns.nwu.edu