[comp.protocols.appletalk] 80F3 and AARP

krupczak@secola.Columbia.NCR.COM (Bobby Krupczak) (02/13/90)

(AARP) packets.  AppleTalk nodes are numbered 0 through 255.  When
they go over ethernet, there is the problem of address mapping.  AARP
handles this duty much the same way as ARP.

Bobby
In article <4981@emory.mathcs.emory.edu> km@mathcs.emory.edu (Ken Mandelberg) writes:
>Does anyone recognize ethernet type "80F3"? I don't
>see it in RFC1010, but I am seeing it on our net.

80F3 is the protocol type for Apple Address Resolution Protocol (AARP).
AppleTalk nodes are numbered 0 through 255.  When AppleTalk is over
ethernet, there is need for mapping an ethernet address to AppleTalk
address.  AARP handles this function.

Bobby