[comp.protocols.appletalk] Where's Oscar?

kenw@noah.arc.ab.ca (Ken Wallewein) (02/20/90)

  I've been watching this traffic referring to Oscar; it sounds like it's
worth investigating.  Only one teeny-weeny leetle problem.  I can't _find_
Oscar.  Does anybody know where he can be found?

/kenw

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (02/21/90)

In article <6337*kenw@noah.arc.ab.ca> kenw@noah.arc.ab.ca (Ken Wallewein) writes:

>  I've been watching this traffic referring to Oscar; it sounds like it's
>worth investigating.  Only one teeny-weeny leetle problem.  I can't _find_
>Oscar.  Does anybody know where he can be found?

You can FTP it from Apple.com [130.43.2.2].  Look in ~ftp/pub/dts/mac/hacks

It is also on the Phil & Dave's Excellent CD, Volume II.

--
Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_

hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (02/21/90)

In article <6337*kenw@noah.arc.ab.ca> kenw@noah.arc.ab.ca (Ken Wallewein) writes:

>  I've been watching this traffic referring to Oscar; it sounds like it's
>worth investigating.  Only one teeny-weeny leetle problem.  I can't _find_
>Oscar.  Does anybody know where he can be found?

It's now also in chyde.uwasa.fi
We're University of Vaasa, Finland and the file is in mac/comm
and called oscar.sit
Address below.

--

	----------------Harri Valkama (hv@uwasa.fi)-------------
			University of Vaasa, Finland

svc@well.sf.ca.us (Leonard Rosenthol) (02/22/90)

In article <1990Feb20.201420.16669@uwasa.fi> hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) writes:
>In article <6337*kenw@noah.arc.ab.ca> kenw@noah.arc.ab.ca (Ken Wallewein) writes:
>>
>>  I've been watching this traffic referring to Oscar; it sounds like it's
>>worth investigating.  Only one teeny-weeny leetle problem.  I can't _find_
>>Oscar.  Does anybody know where he can be found?
>
>It's now also in chyde.uwasa.fi
>We're University of Vaasa, Finland and the file is in mac/comm
>and called oscar.sit
>Address below.

	For those of you who are making this product(?) available for distri-
bution, I hope you realize that you do NOT have permission from Apple to
distribute everything in the Oscar folder on the CD.
	Also included in the Oscar folder on the CD were the ADSP and the
Desktop Manager INIT, and as these are part of Apple System Software (etc.)
one needs a license to distribute these pieces - or you are violating Apple
agreements, etc.  (and Apple Legal won't like you very much ;-)
	Just thought I'd brighten everyone's day with this info!

- Oh, and Pete Helme the author of Oscar says "Enjoy it while you can!"

Leonard Rosenthol        |  GEnie : MACgician
Lazerware, inc.          |  MacNet: MACgician
UUCP: svc@well.UUCP      |  ALink : D0025

hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (02/22/90)

In article <16318@well.sf.ca.us> svc@well.UUCP (Leonard Rosenthol) writes:
>In article <1990Feb20.201420.16669@uwasa.fi> hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) writes:
>>In article <6337*kenw@noah.arc.ab.ca> kenw@noah.arc.ab.ca (Ken Wallewein) writes:
>>>Oscar.  Does anybody know where he can be found?
>>
>>It's now also in chyde.uwasa.fi
>>We're University of Vaasa, Finland and the file is in mac/comm
>>and called oscar.sit
>>Address below.
>>
>	For those of you who are making this product(?) available for distri-
>bution, I hope you realize that you do NOT have permission from Apple to
>distribute everything in the Oscar folder on the CD.
>	Also included in the Oscar folder on the CD were the ADSP and the
>Desktop Manager INIT, and as these are part of Apple System Software (etc.)
>one needs a license to distribute these pieces - or you are violating Apple
>agreements, etc.  (and Apple Legal won't like you very much ;-)
>	Just thought I'd brighten everyone's day with this info!

You're talking about CD but I have nothing to do with that. I have only
fetched a program which is made available for public access. I think (when
program documentation tells nothing about its distribution) I can make
this as well available for others who might not care/can take it from
the original place. BUT if Apple asks me to take it away or that it is
violating their rights somehow I'm not at all fighting against that
(although I won't think nice thoughts about Apple if they do so) and
I can even take it away from our public area.

--

	----------------Harri Valkama (hv@uwasa.fi)-------------