[comp.protocols.appletalk] Appletalk for OS/2 and/or MCA

cja@castle.ed.ac.uk (C Adie) (03/14/90)

Does anyone know if there is a LocalTalk card for the MCA bus?  There is
certainly one for the standard PC bus.

A related question is whether anyone has written Appletalk drivers for
a localtalk card under OS/2.  I'm after an API to the Appletalk
Transaction Protocol under OS/2 - it exists already under DOS for the
standard PC bus card.

Another question: does anyone know whether the forthcoming version of
3+Open from 3Com will support Macs on Localtalk only via one of 3Com's
dedicated servers, or will it support the PC bus LocalTalk card?

Chris Adie

rossp@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Ross PORTER) (03/15/90)

In article <2819@castle.ed.ac.uk> cja@castle.ed.ac.uk (C Adie) writes:
>Does anyone know if there is a LocalTalk card for the MCA bus?  There is
>certainly one for the standard PC bus.

Daystar Digital, Flowering Branch (I'm not kidding), GA makes a MCA
LocalTalk card.  We've had one in a Model 80 for a year and are quite
happy with it.

Ross Porter
rossp@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca

dinda@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Peter A. Dinda - MIC@MACC - 608/263/7744) (03/15/90)

In article <2819@castle.ed.ac.uk>, cja@castle.ed.ac.uk (C Adie) writes...

>Does anyone know if there is a LocalTalk card for the MCA bus?  There is
>certainly one for the standard PC bus.

  A company by the name of Daystar Digital makes a localtalk board for
the microchannel architecture.  You'll find an ad in just about any MacUser.

: Peter A. Dinda              : Microcomputer Information Center at   :
: dinda@VMS.macc.wisc.edu <*> : Madison Academic Computing Center     :
: dinda@jomby.cs.wisc.edu     : 1210 W Dayton St., 1150A, 3121, 1106A :
: MIC@MACC BBS => 608 263 6057: Madison, WI 53706                     :
: "Apple: Business by Lawsuit": 608 263 7744                          :