[comp.protocols.appletalk] Looking for testers/writers

MacUserLabs@cup.portal.com (Stephan - Somogyi) (03/13/90)

MacUser's NetWorkShop connectivity lab is looking for testers and
authors to work on a freelance basis.

We have an extensive network lab with 20 Macs, a NeXT, a Sun, 2 VAXes
and some DOS 286 and 386 machines, and lots of wires. We test hardware
and software.

A basic knowledge of AppleTalk (the protocol suite, not the LocalTalk
cables) is essential. We're particularly looking for folks with
experience with IBM mainframe connections (SDLC, 3270, token ring),
UNIX (TCP/IP, NFS), VMS (DECnet) and DOS.

The ideal person would have 30 years experience in designing,
implementing and maintaining humongous networks of all kinds, but be
currently unemployed and looking for something fun to do. He/she needs
to be able to come into the NetWorkShop to do the tests (this probably
eliminates everyone from the East Coast except those who own a jet).

If you've got the time, we've got the toys. If you're interested,
please call Henry at (415) 378-5633 or Stephan at (415) 378-5629.

Stephan Somogyi       "You realize, this means war." - D. Duck
NetWorkShop Manager
MacUser	              Any opinions expressed above are mine.

kdb@intercon.com (Kurt D. Baumann) (03/20/90)

In article <27834@cup.portal.com>, MacUserLabs@cup.portal.com (Stephan -
Somogyi) writes:

> A basic knowledge of AppleTalk (the protocol suite, not the LocalTalk
> cables) is essential. We're particularly looking for folks with
> experience with IBM mainframe connections (SDLC, 3270, token ring),
> UNIX (TCP/IP, NFS), VMS (DECnet) and DOS.

Why is it that people only mention TCP/IP in conjunction with UNIX?  Tandem
now has their own TCP/IP, IBM has announced that it will have/has TCP/IP
for its mainframes...  TCP/IP is not just a UNIX connectivity solution anylonger.
These guys should know that by now.